Tuesday 13 March 2012

Model of my son

A bit more modelling practice, this time of my son. It was initially produced in Rhino as a NURBs object but I decided to continue it into Modo601 for adding the textures and hair. This resulted in a whole re-topology on the mesh. It has always surprised me why a program so good for SLA files can be so bad at exporting workable meshes to Modo /3DStudioMax. I am  aware that there are some plug-ins available but they're prohibitively expensive so for now I'll be continuing to do it manually. I will now be using these models to test hair sculpting some more and practising skin textures.

A quick Modo render


The NURBS rhino model
 
A cleaned mesh in Modo


1 comment:

  1. "It has always surprised me why a program so good for SLA files can be so bad at exporting workable meshes to Modo /3DStudioMax."

    Check MoI http://moi3d.com/ for getting clean meshes out of Rhino. It's written by the guy that wrote Rhino but it can export much cleaner geometry. It understands .3dm and can export .lwo & obj.

    ReplyDelete